100% online process
• TAN deduction or collection account number better known as TAN is a ten digit alphanumeric number.
• It is required to be mandatorily quoted on all TDS returns and TDS certificate.
• Banks do not accept the challans for TDS/TCS payment if TAN is not quoted.
• All those who are required to deduct or collect tax at source on behalf of the income tax department must obtain the 10- digit alphanumeric TAN.
• Apply for TAN by submitting form 49B at Tax information network.(www.tin_nsdl.com)
• Tan is allotted to applicants by the income tax department.
• The person can apply in for TAN by making an application or by visiting the NSDL. Nearest address of the NSDL available at NSDL website.
Step 1: An application for TAN needs to be filed in form 49B.
Step 2: if there’s an error it should be rectified, and the form must be re-submitted.
Step 3: a confirmation screen with data filled which the applicant provide details would be displayed.
Step 4: the applicant can edit and confirm the same.
1. After the confirmation is provided, an acknowledgment screen would appear
The acknowledgment will consist of:
A unique acknowledgment number of 14 digits
Name and contact details of the applicant
Status of application
Details with respect to payment.
2. Applicants should save and print the acknowledgment
3. Should sign the application in the space provided.
4. The signed acknowledgment along with DD of Rs. 65 should be sent to NSDL ( national securities depository limited)
• Form 49B should be filled in English only and in capital letters.
• The details of the assessing officer are required to be furnished by collector or deductor of tax. This information could be accessed from income tax office if the same isn’t available
• Details with respect to the district, area, area code, etc. are required to be provided by tax deductor or collector. If such detail isn’t known, income tax office would assist you to find out the same.
• The form must be filled up entirely without blanks or pending sections.
• Individuals responsible for filing and submitting tax must list down their designation mandatorily.
• The applicant’s address must be an Indian address.
The fee for processing for the application for TAN application is Rs. 65 ( Rs. 55 + GST 18%)
CASE 1: Where the duplicate TAX deduction and TAX collection account number has been allotted to the company.
The deductor must apply for the NSDL to cancel the “Duplicate unused TAN.” For this reason, the application form specific to “changes and TAN correction” should be used. This can be obtained from the NSDL WEBSITE and is also available from TIN-FC’S Center. The request can be made online electronically as well as in physical submission of form in the TIN-FC’S center.
CASE 2: Where TAN is allotted to the Assesses/ deductor is no longer needed.
The deductor shall made an application to the competent authority of the Assess officer – TDS under income – tax ward in plain paper in a plain paper for cancellation of tax deduction and collection account number and specifying the reasons for such a request of the cancellation.
ANS: TAN card gets delivered usually within 7-15 business days.
ANS: If the relocation is within the same city then it is not required. However, if the relocation is happening between different cities then you are required to surrender the existing TAN and apply for a fresh TAN.
Discount – 14%
Rs. 601/-Buy Now
*(Exclusive of Government fees & taxes)
Decade of experience in all sectors for tax & compliance services in India.